Transport & Car Blog
If you are thinking of selling your car, there are numerous ways in which you can do so.
A private sale will involve arranging viewings with the potential buyers. You may have to put up with tyre kickers, time wasters and haggling. If this doesn’t appeal, you have two choices.
Just because you didn’t buy your car new, doesn’t mean you don’t have rights if something goes wrong. You are protected by certain legislation. This guide will help you to know which legislation is on your side if you encounter problems with a vehicle you bought second-hand from a dealership.
Be aware that your consumer rights can vary in England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland. This guide covers your consumer rights in England, with notes on any variations between the other countries in the UK.
Moving abroad can be a stressful process, but selling your car before you leave needn’t be as difficult as some suggest:
For the sale itself you have three options:
A divorce can be a difficult time of your life, particularly when it comes to dividing up your assets fairly. Cars often become a point of conjecture, having been used by both members and looked upon with fond memories.
It is important that you are aware of the legal and practical issues surrounding your cars so that you can come to an amicable solution.
Selling the car of a deceased relative or friend can be an emotionally draining task, with the various unknown legal and administrative procedures adding to your source of stress. This guide will help you to understand the practicalities a little better, ensuring that you know exactly where you stand.
As an Executor, you need to understand some of the steps involved when a vehicle forms part of an estate, although the family may wish to appoint a solicitor to do this job for you.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 45 | Next 5 entries
- Should I use websites, like Cazoo, to sell my car?
- Your rights when buying a used car from a dealer
- How to sell your car before you emigrate
- How to deal with your cars in the event of a divorce
- Guide to selling a car of a deceased friend or relative
- Best time to buy a used car
- How do I get my car back on the road after SORN?
- What to check when buying a used car
- Car Battery Disposal Tips
- What is Cat D?
- Can I scrap my car without keys?
- Best second-hand small car
- Best second-hand family car
- How has coronavirus impacted the used car market?
- Car CO2 Emissions