Category filter applied
Wednesday, 18 April 2018
Every year in Britain, around one million cars are scrapped. It might be that you’ve decided that scrapping your own car is the best financial option. If that’s the case, then keep reading: this is our complete guide on everything you need to know about the scrapping process.
Car scrapping is relatively simple. However, as with all things vehicle-related, there is some paperwork involved.
Monday, 5 September 2016
You probably already know about the MOT, Britain’s annual test of vehicle safety, road-worthiness and emissions. The MOT is a legal requirement in Great Britain, so it pays to understand the ins and outs of it.
We know, however, that everyone has to take a first MOT at some point. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on everything you need to bear in mind when taking your vehicle in for its annual check-up.
Friday, 17 October 2014
As of October 1st, the good old fashioned car tax disc – first introduced way back in 1921 – has been officially retired. It is no longer a legal requirement to have the disc displayed. Today, we’re going to go through the changes and take a look at the changes you’ll need to make.
Car tax discs are no longer to be issued, and it is no longer a legal obligation to display one in your front window. This will be the case with both vehicles that have been exempt from the charge and those that have not (previously, even cars exempt from the charges had to display the disc.
- Does the steel market affect the value of your scrap car?
- Guide to buying replacement wing mirrors
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- The 9 most common car engine problems revealed
- A guide to accident damage repairable cars
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice
- A guide to second hand used car parts
- Save money with a salvage car
- A guide to buying a salvage car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know