How it Works
Selling a vehicle
Selling your vehicle is easy with ASM Auto Recycling; we give you a fair price which reflects your vehicle’s value while taking the hassle out of the process.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Enter your vehicle registration, postcode and contact details via our quick and easy online registration form.
- We will get in touch quickly by e-mail with a FREE, no obligation valuation of your vehicle.
- If you are happy with the price you can then book an appointment with ASM Auto Recycling in Thame where we will confirm the final selling price.
- Once you are happy to proceed, we will buy the car off you there and then, or arrange to come and pick it up using our handy vehicle transport service. Our catchment area for vehicle collections covers London, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and the West Country.
- Payment is made by cheque, printed and branded with the ASM logo for security and peace-of-mind. Alternatively, you can request a bank transfer instead. At ASM Auto Recycling everything is carried out by-the-book.
After the sale
After the sale we will decide the next best option for your vehicle:
- If your car is accident-damaged but can be repaired, we will find someone who can fix it up like new, via our online salvage auction.
- If the vehicle is damaged beyond repair, it will be recycled and sold off for parts via our used car parts service.
- All our activity is performed in line with the Environment Agency’s ELV Directive, so you can rest assured your vehicle is left in safe hands.
Buying a car
Buying a used car is easy with ASM Auto Recycling. Our online car auction allows you to bid on a range of different vehicles, via our online auction system.
You can pick up a real bargain, just follow these simple steps:
- Take a look at our online auction, which has over 2,500 cars, vans and motorbikes for sale every week.
- Decide which type of vehicle you are looking for, whether it’s a car, motorcycle, commercial, HGV, Plant or Top Marques vehicle.
- Browse our range, being sure to check the vehicle’s condition and specification, current bid price and auction time remaining.
- If you like the look of the motor and feel it could be within your price range, you will need to set up an account with us before you can place a bid; just fill out a few details - it’s really simple.
- To lead the bid process your maximum bid needs to be the highest; you will remain in the lead position to buy the vehicle until someone outbids you.
- Feel free to ‘view bids’, giving you an idea of the bid history on that vehicle. Be aware that many vehicles will have a ‘reserve’ bid price, which must be met before the vehicle is available for sale.
- There will also be occasions when a ‘proxy’ bid exists; this is when someone has placed an ‘invisible’ bid which is higher than their current leading sale price bid - you will need to keep bidding until you exceed this ‘proxy’ price.
- There are a number of other important pieces of information to check out, simply scroll down on the vehicle’s page to view an ‘icon legend’; if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
- If you manage to win a car, fantastic, it’s all yours. We will then arrange payment and a suitable method of collection.