Category filter applied
Tuesday, 14 January 2014
New plans proposed by the Government will see motorway speed limits cut to 60mph, in order to limit air pollution near homes and schools.
The limit has been proposed for a 32-mile stretch on a section of the M1, following fears that pollution levels are damaging the health of nearby residents, while also in a bid to meet European Union (EU) targets for clean air.
Friday, 5 July 2013
Motorway drivers who hog the middle lane will face on-the-spot fines and license points under new laws which are expected to be implemented by the Government.
The prospective laws will give police the ability to penalise drivers for other poor driving practises like tailgating, queue jumping or using the wrong lane on a roundabout.
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Motorway tolls will inevitably be the next method of government revenue creation, according to over half of drivers surveyed by the RAC.
55 per cent of survey respondents feel that the government will begin charging for motorway access in order to pay for improving the country’s road infrastructure.
Thursday, 4 April 2013
Britain is to build its second toll motorway as part of a number of major road projects, according to reports in the Independent.
The Chancellor is likely to revive a 10-year old plan to expand the M4, in order to reduce congestion near Newport, Wales. This will form part of a new £3bn road building policy aimed at stimulating the British economy.
Friday, 2 November 2012
The number of road deaths on the nation’s highways this Spring fell by almost a fifth in comparison with year-on-year figures, according to provisional Government figures.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has revealed a total of 400 people were killed in reported road accidents across April – June in 2012, an 18 per cent reduction on the 487 recorded deaths for the same period in 2011.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 3 | Next 5 entries
- Does the steel market affect the value of your scrap car?
- Guide to buying replacement wing mirrors
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- The 9 most common car engine problems revealed
- A guide to accident damage repairable cars
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice
- A guide to second hand used car parts
- Save money with a salvage car
- A guide to buying a salvage car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know