Category filter applied
Tuesday, 7 August 2018
Not too long ago, driving a used family car often meant spending miles in a mediocre hatchback, stuffed to the brim with baggage and uncomfortable family members. Nowadays, buying a second-hand family car doesn’t need to mean compromising roominess, reliability or comfort.
A family car should be judged on its overall flexibility: combining drive quality with practicality, style with comfort. Fortunately, there’s a wide range of choice, with many family cars on the second-hand market available for stunningly low prices.
Friday, 29 June 2018
City cars have come a long way in recent years, with manufacturers becoming adept at providing compact cars with ample space for passengers and storage. A city car is the perfect choice for quick trips into town and other short journeys with minimal fuss and cost.
Many city cars now available on the second-hand market offer plenty of style and comfort, boasting qualities above and beyond vehicles which are a class above them, yet being sold at lower prices.
Friday, 25 August 2017
There comes a time in the life of any vehicle when it’s no longer safe or practical to use. What’s more, if you continue to drive an older car that’s not roadworthy, you could incur a hefty fine and some unnecessary points on your driving licence.
For thousands of drivers that may have owned just a single vehicle for many years, they may have no idea how to actually get rid of a vehicle; simply because they’ve never had to do so before.
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
The number of second-hand cars entering the used car market has taken away some of the strain for dealerships that have recently found it difficult to source used cars at fair prices.
The influx of part-exchange cars is partly responsible for “taking the edge off prices”, according to used car pricing experts CAP.
Friday, 16 December 2011
A UK car charity has launched a vehicle disposal scheme to raise money and rid the nation of unwanted, inefficient second-hand vehicles.
The Automotive Industry Charity (BEN) has initiated a scrap and donate scheme, with the aim of providing participants with an easy way of disposing of their second-hand vehicles whilst turning the value of the vehicle into a charitable donation.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 2 | Next 5 entries
- Best used family cars to buy
- Guide to finding a replacement car engine
- Best used city cars to buy
- Does the steel market affect the value of your scrap car?
- Guide to buying replacement wing mirrors
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- The 9 most common car engine problems revealed
- A guide to accident damage repairable cars
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice
- A guide to second hand used car parts
- Save money with a salvage car
- A guide to buying a salvage car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car