Recycle My Car
All cars reach the end of the road. Our car recycling services are the ideal way to ensure your vehicle is scrapped safely and entirely in accordance with the environmental regulations. What’s more, we’ll pay you for the car.
Our vehicle dismantling services remain by far the safest, most environmentally friendly way to scrap your car. Our 11-bay full workshops are completely equipped to full handle the dismantling, testing and cleaning of all recycled car parts, fully in-line with the Environment Agency’s ELV Directive.
What is the ELV Directive?
The End-of-Life Vehicles (ELV) Directive was put in place to ensure that the amount of waste produced from vehicle recycling is kept at a controllable level.
As many as two million cars reach their end of life in the UK each year: every single one of them is considered hazardous waste until they have been properly dismantled and any potential toxins removed and stored. Read more about ELVs.
Looking to recycle your car? Click here for a free valuation
- Can I recycle my car with you? Are there any cars you don’t take in?
- Generally speaking, we take in almost every type of car, from those that have naturally reached their end-of-life, to those that have been written off by an insurance firm. Whatever your vehicle, the chances are we’ll take it in.
- I can’t actually get my car to you
- That’s OK, we’ll come and collect it. Our teams collect vehicles from across the South-East of England, meaning that even if you can’t bring the vehicle to us, we can come and pick it up from you. Give us a call today, and we’ll send our collection team out.
- And you’ll take care of everything else?
- We’ll take care of absolutely every part of the car recycling process. Our facilities ensure that your car is recycled in total compliance with the ELV Directive. All you need to do is arrange collection.
Our car recycling process
So, how do we go about actually recycling the vehicle? Here’s our process:
- The fluids in the vehicle are completely drained. This includes petrol, oil, anti-freeze and both brake and transmission fluids, not to mention the different lubricants. All of the liquids are safely stored, before being shipped to processing plants.
- Any parts that can be re-used are removed, before being cleaned up and restored. The amount of usable parts will vary according to the age of the car, but any available are then added to our online parts catalogue.
- Any parts that can’t be re-sold – such as the battery and any bald tyres – are also removed and safely either stored or disposed of, depending on if they’re hazardous.
- The chassis and any remaining parts are fed into the crusher in order to compact the metal, which is then put into the shredder.
- Once shredded, the metal is separated into ferrous and non-ferrous metals, and any remaining residue (glass, foam and plastic) is disposed of.
- Finally, the scrap metal is melted down.
Vehicle Scrap & Recycling
Our sister company, ASM Metal Recycling Ltd., provides us with an on-site division dedicated specifically to dealing with the high volumes of de-polluted end-of-life vehicles that we handle for scrap metal processing.
Once we have de-polluted a vehicle, their role will then be to recover and recycle as much of the ferrous and non-ferrous metal content as possible – including the engine, radiator, battery, catalytic converter, wheel rims and finally the shell.
They are well ‘geared up’ for vehicle scrap and recycling, with their 900-tonne car baler, 4x material-handling cranes, 6x roll on-off vehicles and 2x artics.
We have a wealth of experience in the scrap metal recycling industry, having been involved for three decades. We continue to invest in new technology, vehicles and personnel to continually evolve new technologies and improve the efficiency of our scrap metal recycling service.
Scrap metal processing is one key component of the car scrappage procedure. We procure end-of-life vehicles across London, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and the West Country. The de-pollution process includes the removal of all wheels and tyres. Tyre recycling processes the material for various new uses including children’s playground and equestrian training surfaces.
All of our scrap metal processing drivers and assistants are trained to the uppermost industry standards.
Why choose ASM?
We have over 35 years of experience in the metal recycling industry. Despite this, our technology and facilities remain at the cutting edge, and we continue to be one of the most efficient operators in the UK.
Each year, we process over 30,000 end-of-life vehicles, and offer 2,500 vehicles for re-sale.
If you’re looking to re-sell your car, there’s no better choice than ASM. Get in touch today.