Category filter applied
There comes a time in the life of any vehicle when it’s no longer safe or practical to use. What’s more, if you continue to drive an older car that’s not roadworthy, you could incur a hefty fine and some unnecessary points on your driving licence.
For thousands of drivers that may have owned just a single vehicle for many years, they may have no idea how to actually get rid of a vehicle; simply because they’ve never had to do so before.
The number of second-hand cars entering the used car market has taken away some of the strain for dealerships that have recently found it difficult to source used cars at fair prices.
The influx of part-exchange cars is partly responsible for “taking the edge off prices”, according to used car pricing experts CAP.
A UK car charity has launched a vehicle disposal scheme to raise money and rid the nation of unwanted, inefficient second-hand vehicles.
The Automotive Industry Charity (BEN) has initiated a scrap and donate scheme, with the aim of providing participants with an easy way of disposing of their second-hand vehicles whilst turning the value of the vehicle into a charitable donation.
Kia’s highly popular used car scheme has been named best in the industry after being crowned Used Car Scheme of the Year in the Auto Express Used Car Awards 2011.
Auto Express offered a glowing reference to Kia for offering a variety of consumer benefits, most notably its seven-year warranty that is fully transferable to subsequent vehicle owners.
With April Fool’s Day just past us, UK car buyers are being warned to avoid used car tricksters on the forecourts and in private listings.
HPI is warning drivers that one-in-three second hand vehicles have a hidden history, which can potentially stop new owners taking out car insurance or even driving the car if it has fundamental faults.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 2 | Next 5 entries
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know