Category filter applied
The number of second-hand cars entering the used car market has taken away some of the strain for dealerships that have recently found it difficult to source used cars at fair prices.
The influx of part-exchange cars is partly responsible for “taking the edge off prices”, according to used car pricing experts CAP.
A UK car charity has launched a vehicle disposal scheme to raise money and rid the nation of unwanted, inefficient second-hand vehicles.
The Automotive Industry Charity (BEN) has initiated a scrap and donate scheme, with the aim of providing participants with an easy way of disposing of their second-hand vehicles whilst turning the value of the vehicle into a charitable donation.
Kia’s highly popular used car scheme has been named best in the industry after being crowned Used Car Scheme of the Year in the Auto Express Used Car Awards 2011.
Auto Express offered a glowing reference to Kia for offering a variety of consumer benefits, most notably its seven-year warranty that is fully transferable to subsequent vehicle owners.
With April Fool’s Day just past us, UK car buyers are being warned to avoid used car tricksters on the forecourts and in private listings.
HPI is warning drivers that one-in-three second hand vehicles have a hidden history, which can potentially stop new owners taking out car insurance or even driving the car if it has fundamental faults.
HPI has warned used car dealers of the prospect of receiving poorly repaired Category B insurance write-offs for resale back onto UK roads.
Category B insurance write-offs are vehicles that have been advised to be crushed or broken down for spare parts or scrap by the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles
- The pitfalls of buying used cars – ASM’s new infographic
- MOT: the complete guide
- Motorists call for tougher phone driver penalties
- Confidential driver data was accessed by accident management firms
- Car makers seek to cut structural weight
- Registrations open for first driverless vehicle trials
- Parking permits increase to force diesel cars off the road
- Should cars have an expiry date?
- Government denies ‘anti-diesel’ agenda