ASM Stadium officially opens at Thame United
Thursday, 9 June 2011
ASM Auto Recycling is proud to announce the official opening of the ASM Stadium, home of Thame United FC in the Hellenic Football League.
Over 1,300 fans turned up on the opening night to witness Thame take on League Two outfit Oxford United, with the professional outfit eventually running out 3-1 winners.
The plans for the multi-million pound stadium at Church Farm in the North of Thame were unveiled in October 2007 and building work was finally completed in late 2010 with the opening match against Oxford in January this year.
Want to know how much you’ll get for your vehicle? Click here for a free quote
Thame manager Mark West, hopes that many of the thousand-strong crowd will choose to use the facilities at the ASM Stadium on a regular basis.
“It was really good playing in front of a large crowd and we really appreciated their support. Hopefully they enjoyed themselves and they might come back to watch us again on a Saturday.”
West’s son, Daniel took part in the contest who is part of the Oxford United first team but that didn’t stop the Thame boss wanting his side to win.
He said: “My son was playing against us and did really well, but obviously I wanted him to lose on the night.”
ASM Auto Recycling looks forward to sponsoring Thame United FC for the foreseeable future, enjoying continued success together.
- How do I get my car back on the road after SORN?
- What to check when buying a used car
- Car Battery Disposal Tips
- What is Cat D?
- Can I scrap my car without keys?
- Best second-hand small car
- Best second-hand family car
- How has coronavirus impacted the used car market?
- Car CO2 Emissions
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- How to prevent catalytic converter theft
- Can I sell my car without the log book?
- What is Cat N?
- Leading the way in standards compliance
- What is Cat S?