Category filter applied
With the recent cold weather, there’s no better time to take a look at your driving technique. Winter inevitably means more tricky driving conditions, from ice and snow to heavy rain - not to mention the fact that it’s dark by half-past four.
Here, then, are 10 great tips for driving in winter, straight from the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) and their chief examiner, Peter Rodgers.
Unless you’re a real petrol head – and kudos if you are – the chances are that you probably don’t spend too much time thinking about your tyres.
But did you realise that by ignoring them, you could be putting the safety of you and your family at risk? With the cold weather now starting to set in, we thought this would be a great time to take a look at winter tyres.
Are you a novice when it comes to driving in extreme wintry weather conditions?
If you are likely to have to head out onto the roads this Christmas then it is quite possible you will be faced with icy conditions that can prove dangerous, sometimes fatal, when motorists don’t treat the roads with the respect they deserve.
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles
- The pitfalls of buying used cars – ASM’s new infographic
- MOT: the complete guide
- Motorists call for tougher phone driver penalties
- Confidential driver data was accessed by accident management firms
- Car makers seek to cut structural weight
- Registrations open for first driverless vehicle trials
- Parking permits increase to force diesel cars off the road