Category filter applied
You probably already know about the MOT, Britain’s annual test of vehicle safety, road-worthiness and emissions. The MOT is a legal requirement in Great Britain, so it pays to understand the ins and outs of it.
We know, however, that everyone has to take a first MOT at some point. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on everything you need to bear in mind when taking your vehicle in for its annual check-up.
As of October 1st, the good old fashioned car tax disc – first introduced way back in 1921 – has been officially retired. It is no longer a legal requirement to have the disc displayed. Today, we’re going to go through the changes and take a look at the changes you’ll need to make.
Car tax discs are no longer to be issued, and it is no longer a legal obligation to display one in your front window. This will be the case with both vehicles that have been exempt from the charge and those that have not (previously, even cars exempt from the charges had to display the disc.
Every year in Britain, around two million cars are scrapped. It might be that you’ve decided that scrapping your own car is the best financial option. If that’s the case, then keep reading: this is our complete guide on everything you need to know about the scrapping process.
Car scrapping is relatively simple. However, as with all things vehicle related, there is some paperwork involved.
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards