Category filter applied
While consumer prices are creeping up alongside recent market uncertainty, there’s no reason to spend more than you need to on your vehicle. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on how to cut down your driving budget. These ten tips can save you hundreds of pounds a year, maybe more.
Like any machine, cars will run better if they’re properly maintained. This isn’t about carrying out in-depth mechanics (which is something you definitely shouldn’t do unless you’re trained); it’s simply about doing the basics. Make sure you’re setting the correct tyre pressure, changing your engine oil and getting your car serviced whenever the manufacturer recommends it.
A number of local councils are raising the price of parking permits for diesel vehicles that were previously regarded as environmentally friendly due to reduced CO2 emissions.
There are increasing fears amid Government officials that diesel vehicles actually lack the green credentials that they had been previously been given.
The Government has insisted that it carries no anti-diesel agenda, despite concerns from the fleet industry as a whole that the Volkswagen Group emissions scandal has started to negatively impact tax decisions.
As part of that the Autumn Statement, Chancellor George Osborne delayed removal of the 3 per cent company car diesel supplement until April 2021. The supplement was originally planned to be removed in April 2016.
According to new data from the Accident Exchange, the number of write-offs in the UK during the last twelve months has reached a substantial 257,000. This amounts to more than £2 billion’s worth of materials.
The Exchange voiced the opinion that dealerships don’t currently provide adequate post-accident care when dealing with total write-offs, and often don’t take up the sales opportunity that a total loss represents. Accident Exchange, meanwhile, try to get motorists back on the road ASAP, but many of their leads simply aren’t followed up on.
Yesterday’s Budget covered a number of different bases, and there were a number of issues covered that are likely to affect Britain’s motorists. We’re going to take a look at the major announcements made by George Osborne, and what the reactions have been.
Andrew Hogsden, senior manager for Lex Autolease fleet consultancy, said:
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 5 | Next 5 entries
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles
- The pitfalls of buying used cars – ASM’s new infographic
- MOT: the complete guide
- Motorists call for tougher phone driver penalties
- Confidential driver data was accessed by accident management firms
- Car makers seek to cut structural weight