Category filter applied
There’s nothing quite like a great road trip. Here in Europe, we’re blessed with some of the most picturesque driving routes in the world: routes that have been immortalised in everything from video games to movies.
In celebration of Europe, we’re going to take a look at five of the most scenic roads on the continent: we’d recommend getting behind the wheel and heading to any of them.
For many of us driving abroad is a necessity to fully enjoy everything our holiday destination has to offer. If you are heading to Spain for a summer break in the coming weeks heed our advice with these top tips for driving on Spanish roads.
Before you even begin to think about exploring the Spanish mainland by road it is important to ensure that you have sufficient car insurance cover. Some insurance providers will cover you for overseas travel, but you may have to be prepared to pay extra for insurance from your hire car firm if you don’t take our own car overseas.
Are you planning a summer holiday adventure across the Channel to France? If you are taking the ferry and driving your car overseas then you must be aware of the driving laws in France that are very different to the rules we are used to here in the UK.
Perhaps the most interesting development in recent French driving laws was that motorists driving on French loads were required to carry a breathalyser kit on-board from July 2012. Drivers without a kit can be fined 11 euros. At a cost of £2 each it seems silly not to purchase one to determine whether you comply with the nation’s drink-drive limit.
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles
- The pitfalls of buying used cars – ASM’s new infographic
- MOT: the complete guide
- Motorists call for tougher phone driver penalties
- Confidential driver data was accessed by accident management firms
- Car makers seek to cut structural weight