Category filter applied
For many of us driving abroad is a necessity to fully enjoy everything our holiday destination has to offer. If you are heading to Spain for a summer break in the coming weeks heed our advice with these top tips for driving on Spanish roads.
Before you even begin to think about exploring the Spanish mainland by road it is important to ensure that you have sufficient car insurance cover. Some insurance providers will cover you for overseas travel, but you may have to be prepared to pay extra for insurance from your hire car firm if you don’t take our own car overseas.
There’s nothing more pleasant in the summer than enjoying a scenic drive in the sunshine. If you are planning a road trip into Europe in the coming weeks and you are looking for some breath-taking views to savour then read on for our favourite scenic routes across the continent.
Good roads are often easy to find even here in the UK, but truly spectacular drives only come along once in a blue moon. Many of the following roads are not man-made, they simply ooze natural beauty whether it is rolling hills or glistening coastline we’re sure you’ll appreciate what we have to show you!
Are you planning a summer holiday adventure across the Channel to France? If you are taking the ferry and driving your car overseas then you must be aware of the driving laws in France that are very different to the rules we are used to here in the UK.
Perhaps the most interesting development in recent French driving laws was that motorists driving on French loads were required to carry a breathalyser kit on-board from July 2012. Drivers without a kit can be fined 11 euros. At a cost of £2 each it seems silly not to purchase one to determine whether you comply with the nation’s drink-drive limit.
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles
- The pitfalls of buying used cars – ASM’s new infographic
- MOT: the complete guide
- Motorists call for tougher phone driver penalties
- Confidential driver data was accessed by accident management firms
- Car makers seek to cut structural weight
- Registrations open for first driverless vehicle trials
- Parking permits increase to force diesel cars off the road
- Should cars have an expiry date?
- Government denies ‘anti-diesel’ agenda