Category filter applied
One of the most commonly replaced car parts is the door (or internal parts of the door). Because they’re relatively detachable, it can be much easier to replace a damaged door than something like an engine. However, there are still certain things that you need to bear in mind when shopping for a second-hand car door. Here are some of the major considerations:
Before you go hunting for the perfect replacement door, it’s advisable to check whether your car is still in warranty or if the damage done is covered by any insurance arrangements. With detailed photos and a comprehensive list of damages, there is a chance your insurance company will be prepared to cover your liability.
Engines are the heart of any vehicle. If you’ve got an engine problem, you’ve got a car problem.
Despite their importance, though, engines can be purchased second-hand like almost any car parts. However, there are many things you’ll need to consider when purchasing a replacement second-hand engine for your vehicle.
So, your car has finally decided to kick up a fuss and the fault is a single part. If this is the first time you’ve shopped for a new car part – whatever that part may be – there’s a fair chance you might feel a bit intimidated. After all, this is your car: something you rely on every day.
To help, below is a guide on buying replacement car parts.
Wheel rims are one of the most popular replacement car parts around. They’re a sure-fire way to make virtually any car look that little bit cooler. Aside from the aesthetics, they’re also a fairly common replacement made through necessity. Wheel rims most often need replacement after damage or – in the worst case – a road accident.
This is our guide to all the things you need to think about when purchasing new wheel rims for your car.
Brake pads are one of the most commonly replaced parts in the car world. In providing the friction needed to slow the car down, they are used every single day a car is on the road. As such, they wear out much faster than more or less every single other cap part. If you’re looking for replacement brake pads for your vehicle here are some key things to consider:
There are four main types of brake pad available and it’s important to know in advance which type your vehicle is fitted with, so you can find suitable replacements. Remember to consult with a specialist if you’re not sure what you’re looking at.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 5 | Next 5 entries
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards