Transport & Car Blog
At ASM Auto Recycling, we pride ourselves on running an online used car parts store that’s as good as any you’ll find anywhere. Great quality parts, at even better prices.
But, not everyone who works in the used car market is as trustworthy as us. To help raise awareness of the potential pitfalls that come when purchasing used cars, we’ve created this brand new infographic chockfull of useful information.
You probably already know about the MOT, Britain’s annual test of vehicle safety, road-worthiness and emissions. The MOT is a legal requirement in Great Britain, so it pays to understand the ins and outs of it.
We know, however, that everyone has to take a first MOT at some point. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on everything you need to bear in mind when taking your vehicle in for its annual check-up.
RAC researchers revealed almost half of motorists believe the current combination of a fine and points for illegally using mobile phones whilst driving is insufficient for a punishment.
Over 2000 motorists were surveyed, with 52 per cent feeling that the current penalty of three points and a fine of £100 for phone-using drivers should be increased. Only 41 per cent of respondents believed that the current penalty is sufficient.
A new investigation by RMIF National Association of Bodyshops (NAB) has revealed that driver data - including both phone numbers and addresses - may have been accessed by third parties not involved in the repair of vehicles.
The bodyshop repair firm has spent several months investigating potentially serious leaks of confidential information by repairer management systems, with personal data being released to third-party legal firms and other accident management companies.
Both Nissan and Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) are to make use of a £38.2 million government fund to cut down the structural weight of their vehicles.
Structural weight accounts for 15-20% of a vehicle’s gross weight, but the overall aim is for the manufacturers to cut up to 60 per cent from their fleet overall.
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles