Transport & Car Blog
Friday, 24 February 2017
There’s nothing quite like a great road trip. Here in Europe, we’re blessed with some of the most picturesque driving routes in the world: routes that have been immortalised in everything from video games to movies.
In celebration of Europe, we’re going to take a look at five of the most scenic roads on the continent: we’d recommend getting behind the wheel and heading to any of them.
Friday, 10 February 2017
With the recent cold weather, there’s no better time to take a look at your driving technique. Winter inevitably means more tricky driving conditions, from ice and snow to heavy rain - not to mention the fact that it’s dark by half-past four.
Here, then, are 10 great tips for driving in winter, straight from the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) and their chief examiner, Peter Rodgers.
Friday, 27 January 2017
Night driving is a unique skill and one that takes some getting used to for even the most confident daytime drivers. With that in mind, we thought it’d be a good idea to go through some of the most effective techniques and tips for taking to the road once the sun’s gone down.
This isn’t a technique as such, but it’s still important to the safety of you, your passengers and other road users. At night, you’ll need to make sure that nothing hinders your vision. Any kind of windscreen dust or dirt will limit how well you can see and make the darkness outside seem even darker. Annoyingly, i will also make any oncoming headlights seem brighter. Don’t forget to give your windscreen a quick clean before you head out at night.
Monday, 16 January 2017
Unless you’re a real petrol head – and kudos if you are – the chances are that you probably don’t spend too much time thinking about your tyres.
But did you realise that by ignoring them, you could be putting the safety of you and your family at risk? With the cold weather now starting to set in, we thought this would be a great time to take a look at winter tyres.
Friday, 23 December 2016
Three major car manufacturers have announced their intention to develop autonomous cars.
Ford has decided to double the size of its autonomous vehicle research team, with the intention of having a high-volume, fully autonomous vehicle operational within a car sharing service by the year 2021.
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice
- A guide to second hand used car parts
- Save money with a salvage car
- A guide to buying a salvage car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel