Scrap My Car for Cash
There are many scenarios which may lead to scrapping your car and cashing in on your vehicle. Your car may have failed its MOT and require more investment for repairs than the car is worth, it may have been damaged in an accident or it simply might not be economical to run.
Fortunately at ASM Auto Recycling we make things easy for you by scrapping your car and paying you in return.
Looking to scrap your car? Click here for a free valuation
Scrap cars for cash and the law
Strictly speaking, we cannot pay you in cash for your scrap car. Changes to the law in 2013 made it illegal to pay for scrap metal in cash. This means we can only pay you by electronic transfer or cheque. Our sister company ASM Metal Recycling has an excellent blog post rounding up all the details of the changes and why it was necessary. Read here: Scrap metal for cash: the law.
Why should I scrap my car with ASM?
- With ASM it is possible to get a fair price for your car without having to concern yourself with the stress and inconvenience of taking your vehicle to be scrapped.
- Our vehicle transportation service means we can collect scrap cars from your home or place of work when it is convenient for you.
- Our scrappage collection service is run in accordance with the Government’s Car Scrappage Scheme, offering a full service for end-of-life vehicles across a vast territory including London, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and the West Country.
- Scrapping your car is the most environmentally friendly way of dismantling your car. With newer vehicles enjoying greater fuel economy, more efficient catalytic converters and other car parts, scrapping your car at ASM means you can acquire a newer vehicle and reduce the amount of CO2 levels you emit into the atmosphere every day.
- We can work together towards a cleaner environment. Our state-of-the-art vehicle dismantling facility is designed to work in accordance with the European End of Life Vehicle Directive, ensuring all hazardous waste and toxins are removed from scrap cars and disposed of as part of the ‘green’ de-pollution process.
- Ensure metals and valuable metals have the opportunity to be re-used. Increasing our use of non-renewable supplies helps us provide a better environment.
What happens to my scrap car?
- Our car scrappage service for end-of-life vehicles and older, inefficient cars helps add to our growing stock of guaranteed used car parts. At ASM Auto Recycling this figure is only set to grow with dismantling and recovery techniques becoming ever more efficient.
- All scrap cars we buy are taken to our modern vehicle dismantling facility where abandoned and end-of-life vehicles are processed. At ASM we don’t just cast aside the shell of a vehicle for scrapping. We make sure any removed car parts can be salvaged and recycled for use in another vehicle for considerably less money than a brand new part from a garage or dealership.
- At present we house over 250,000 recycled car parts following the dismantling and recycling of end-of-life and salvage vehicles.
- Every single recycled car part is tested and covered by our 90-day guarantee, providing used car owners with a cost-effective alternative for repairing their vehicle.
If you would like to scrap your car at ASM Auto Recycling contact us today to arrange vehicle transportation at a time that is convenient for you. You can also fill out our scrap my car enquiry form online and one of our team will soon get back to you with advice and a quotation.