Workshop Controller recruitment
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team within one of the UK’s most modern and professional vehicle salvage agents and parts recyclers based in Thame, Oxford.
This role will see you lead day-to-day operations in our very busy vehicle dismantling workshop, supervising and motivating a team of approximately 15 people. Reporting to our Parts Manager and Directors, this role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
- To lead, manage and motivate a team of qualified and apprentice vehicle dismantlers.
- To allocate work orders to the dismantlers and manage the efficient removal of parts for stock.
- To ensure that workshop operations meet our high standards for quality and health & safety.
- To drive forward the sales of core parts and export parts.
The successful candidate must have previous experience as a Workshop Controller, ideally from a dismantling background, although a decent service / bodyshop background will be equally suitable. You must also possess intermediate IT skills. In addition to your previous experience, we are seeking an individual who displays the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to direct and motivate a team
- A professional, rational and calm approach
- Strong problem-solving skills, and
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Position type
- Permanent / full-time
- Working days
- Monday to Friday with alternate Saturdays
- Working hours
- 8:00am - 5:30pm (4:45pm on Fridays, 12:30pm on Saturdays)
- Rate of pay
Competitive salary, depending on experience
There is a monthly bonus & company benefits, after successful completion of 3-month probationary period.
This position takes place at: Menlo Industrial Park, Rycote Lane, Thame, Oxford, OX9 2BY (map)
This position has been filled but we are still accepting CVs.
If you think you are the right person for this position, please upload your CV to Sally Wells.
For additional information, telephone direct on 01844 266 692 or email sally at asm-autos dot co dot uk.
Review or print the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (PDF, 451 KB).