Transport Administator recruitment
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team within one of the UK’s most modern and professional vehicle salvage agents and parts recyclers based in Thame, Oxford.
- Assisting the Transport Manager in his duties to co-ordinate and manage our drivers workloads
- Liaising with our clients (insurance companies, recovery agents, body shops and the general public) to arrange vehicle collections and deliveries
- Liaising with our clients to calculate/pay storage charges that we owe
- Liaising with our fleet of recovery drivers throughout the day
- Updating the computer system as required
- Handling incoming telephone calls from both trade and non-trade customers
- Other general admin duties as required by the business.
The essential qualities required for the Transport Administrator include:
- The right person for the job will be a great team player, with a positive/can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good computer skills/accurate data entry
- Good understanding of motor vehicles and vehicle logistics
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet customer requirements/expectations
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and work flexibly.
- Position type
- Permanent / full-time
- Working days
- Monday to Friday with alternate Saturdays
- Working hours
- 8:00am - 5:30pm (4:45pm on Fridays, 12:30pm on Saturdays)
- Rate of pay
Good package, salary negotiable depending on experience
Previous experience working in a busy transport environment would be a distinct advantage, although full training on all systems will be given.
This position takes place at: Menlo Industrial Park, Rycote Lane, Thame, Oxford, OX9 2BY (map)
This position has been filled but we are still accepting CVs.
If you think you are the right person for this position, please upload your CV to Sally Wells.
For additional information, telephone direct on 01844 266 692 or email sally at asm-autos dot co dot uk.
Review or print the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (PDF, 451 KB).