Scrap My Car
How do I scrap my car with ASM Auto Recycling?
If you’re planning to scrap your car, you’re in the right place. ASM Auto Recycling has over 30 years of experience in scrapping cars, and we’re best placed to give you a brilliant price. Give us a call today to get a valuation for your car.
- Which types of car do you buy?
- At ASM, we routinely take in vehicles ranging from insurance write-offs, to vehicles that will simply cost more to repair than they’re worth, to vehicles that function fine but the owners aren’t keen to use the inconsistent private market. Whatever car you’re selling; the chances are we’ve bought one like it before to be used in our car scrap yard.
- What will happen to my car?
- That depends on whether it’s still operational. If it is, it may get passed on through our salvage auction. Otherwise, the car will be recycled, with any re-usable parts being re-sold through our online parts store. The rest of the car will be fully recycled by our sister site, ASM Metal Recycling.
- Can you collect the car?
- Yes, we offer collections across the South-East of England. Simply give us a call, and we’ll arrange a collection.
Our car scrappage process
Our cutting-edge facilities mean that we can either pass the car on – if it’s still operational – through our salvage auction. Or, we can use our recycling facilities to break the car down like so:
- Firstly, the shell of the car is de-polluted, and any pollutants are safely stored.
- The fluids in the car (petrol, oil, anti-freeze, brake and transmission fluids) are then fully drained and safely disposed of.
- Re-usable parts from the car are removed and cleaned up, and then re-sold through our online store.
- Any remaining parts that can’t be re-sold are also removed.
- Finally, the chassis of the car (as well as any remaining parts) are crushed and fed into the shredder, before being melted down.
Looking to scrap your car?
Click here for a
Why choose ASM?
We have over 30 years of experience in the industry and we continue to be at the cutting edge, making use of the latest and most effective technology. This ensures we’re still the most efficient firm around, and that we’re able to pass on those savings to the customer.
Our facilities process around 25,000 end-of-life vehicles every single year, and our online salvage auctions help re-sell around 2,500 vehicles every week.
Our experience and know-how mean that if you’re looking to sell your car, there’s simply no better place to do so than ASM.
Give us a call today, and start scrapping your car.