Recycle my car
If the time has come to consider scrapping your car then you have certainly come to the right place. At ASM Auto Recycling we have a wealth of experience in dealing with end-of-life vehicles, salvage vehicles and inefficient vehicles for recycling.
Vehicle dismantling is the safest, most environmentally friendly way to scrap your car. At ASM our modern 11-bay workshops are suitably equipped to handle the dismantling, testing and cleaning of all recycled car parts in line with the Environment Agency’s ELV Directive.
What is the ELV Directive?
- The End of Life Vehicles (ELV) Directive is in place to ensure the amount of waste produced from vehicle recycling is at a controllable level.
- As many as two million cars reach their end of life in the UK every year and these vehicles are regarded as hazardous waste until they have been dismantled to remove and store potential toxins from within the vehicle.
What happens to my recycled car?
- Many of our recycled vehicles are dismantled with working car parts cleaned, tested and guaranteed then made available to purchase via our growing selection of used car parts.
- At ASM Auto Recycling we have a modern 11-bay workshop designed to process abandoned and end-of-life vehicles, including the dismantling, cleaning and testing of recycled car parts.
- The ‘green’ de-pollution process is extremely good for the environment and the number of cars and used car parts recycled is only likely to increase with improved efficiency of vehicle recovery techniques.
Next: What is an ELV?