Category filter applied
The Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) scheme was abolished late last year following lengthy consultation between the Department for Transport (DfT) and key stakeholders.
The developments have been long-overdue with many members of the Motor Vehicle Dismantlers Association (MVDA) Vehicle Recyclers’ Association (VRA) calling for change in recent years.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has ruled out re-introducing road casualty reduction targets, despite repeated requests from both the safety and fleet industries to do so.
The DfT has told Fleet News that local authorities are simply better placed to improve road safety, and can be more effective than a centralised body.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has announced new plans to innovate and streamline motoring agencies in the UK, whilst also trying to improve the driving test and tackle the shortage of lorry drivers.
The government’s consultation, which will close on 8th January 2016, was created in order to help streamline public services. Saving the taxpayer money is the primary aim, with alterations to the driving test to help increase the pass rate one of the first issues tabled.
A new law is set to be introduced that will make it illegal to smoke in a vehicle carrying a person under the age of 18 from 1st October, with a fixed penalty charge of £50 for anyone breaking the law.
The Department of Health has recently started to step up publicity to increase awareness of the law, in order to avoid a surge in fines when it is introduced.
Carrying a set of jumper leads is usually worth it: you might be able to help out other motorists as well as yourself. However, using them correctly is obviously something to take very seriously (as is the case with anything that involves electricity).
Here’s our guide on how to jump-start a car:
- How to sell your car before you emigrate
- How to deal with your cars in the event of a divorce
- Guide to selling a car of a deceased friend or relative
- Best time to buy a used car
- How do I get my car back on the road after SORN?
- What to check when buying a used car
- Car Battery Disposal Tips
- What is Cat D?
- Can I scrap my car without keys?
- Best second-hand small car
- Best second-hand family car
- How has coronavirus impacted the used car market?
- Car CO2 Emissions
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- How to prevent catalytic converter theft