Category filter applied
Wednesday, 17 February 2016
Two-thirds of company car and van drivers have suffered some form of damage as a result of hitting a pothole in the last year, according to data from the RAC Foundation.
Almost 29,000 drivers made claims against councils for damage caused in the last financial year. According to the survey, over £2 million was paid out overall.
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
The government is in the process of planning the biggest set of motoring reforms since the driving test was first introduced in 1935.
A number of major changes have been tabled as part of a new consultation document, including the closing of test centres, part-privatising the practical exam, increasing the age limit for licence renewal and higher fees for motoring services.
Friday, 30 November 2012
The nation’s highway bosses have warned the pothole problem on UK’s roads has reached ‘crisis point’.
With further Government cuts to road maintenance possible and a severe winter feared the impact on the country’s already crumbling roads could be “catastrophic”, according to a local government transport head.
Monday, 11 July 2011
Motorists are ‘fed up’ with the condition of Britain’s roads and rising fuel prices and insurance premiums. That is the view of Motors.co.uk following a survey which revealed 82 per cent of drivers were disgruntled with the cost of motoring, endless postholes and continued roadworks.
According to the survey a third of motorists are making an effort to decrease their driving time, while three-quarters feel that the latest Government policies including the Fuel Duty cuts are not supporting them financially at the wheel.
Thursday, 10 March 2011
The Department for Transport (DfT) has moved to pledge £100 million to local authorities in a bid to tackle the nation’s growing pothole problem.
Transport secretary Philip Hammond revealed the funding will be distributed in addition to the £831 million already divvied out to councils for road maintenance in 2011.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 2 | Next 5 entries
- Avoid problems when selling your car
- What is Gap insurance?
- Best used small cars to buy
- Best used SUVs to buy
- Buying a Write-Off Car: Pros and Cons
- Best used family cars to buy
- Guide to finding a replacement car engine
- Best used city cars to buy
- Does the steel market affect the value of your scrap car?
- Guide to buying replacement wing mirrors
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- The 9 most common car engine problems revealed
- A guide to accident damage repairable cars
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice