Government to pledge £100 million for pothole aid
The Department for Transport (DfT) has moved to pledge £100 million to local authorities in a bid to tackle the nation’s growing pothole problem.
Transport secretary Philip Hammond revealed the funding will be distributed in addition to the £831 million already divvied out to councils for road maintenance in 2011.
Mr Hammond said: “Millions of motorists across the country have their daily drives ruined by potholes. And the awful winter weather we had this year is only going to make that problem worse.
“That is why, despite the tough financial position we are in, we are going to give councils over £100 million extra to help carry out much needed repairs to England’s roads.”
Despite fresh funding, the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) believes it will cost the Government a total of £8.3 billion to restore every single road. Potholes have the potential to cause major damage to vehicles even at low speeds.
Instead of footing the bill for brand new car parts you may choose to purchase and fit recycled used car parts available at a fraction of the price and have been tested and restored to legal roadworthy standards.
At ASM Auto Recycling we aim to supply motorists with used car parts for almost any vehicle. We store over 2,000 damaged-repairable and salvage cars in our ‘Christmas Tree’ racking system, enabling easy identification and reducing the likelihood of any damage to on-site vehicles.
With such a wide selection of makes and models stocked, ranging from vintage VW Polos to contemporary Porsches, we are confident you will find a solution to your motoring problem. Our breakers yard deals with dismantling end-of-life vehicles for recycling parts. Each part is covered by a 90-day guarantee giving motorists peace of mind.
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel
- The 5 most scenic roads in Europe
- Winter driving tips: everything you need to know about driving safely in the colder months
- Night Driving – how to stay safe on the road when it’s dark outside
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one