Category filter applied
Friday, 23 December 2016
Three major car manufacturers have announced their intention to develop autonomous cars.
Ford has decided to double the size of its autonomous vehicle research team, with the intention of having a high-volume, fully autonomous vehicle operational within a car sharing service by the year 2021.
Monday, 18 July 2016
Both Nissan and Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) are to make use of a £38.2 million government fund to cut down the structural weight of their vehicles.
Structural weight accounts for 15-20% of a vehicle’s gross weight, but the overall aim is for the manufacturers to cut up to 60 per cent from their fleet overall.
Tuesday, 7 July 2015
Major motoring manufacturer Ford is to introduce a camera designed to help motorists see around corners when their view is being obstructed.
The Front Split View Camera will be available as a £400 option on both the all-new Ford Galaxy as well as the S-MAX. It will display a 180-degree view from the front of the car, with the camera itself being installed in the grille. The camera will allow drivers to easily spot approaching vehicles, pedestrians or cyclists.
Friday, 21 November 2014
Information regarding the new Dartford crossing has finally been released, informing drivers exactly what they need to do to stay within the new regulations.
The Thames crossing is to have a new barrier payment system put in place known as Dart Charge, which will replace the current toll-booth payment process. Originally, the details of the scheme were set to be announced in October. However, the Highways Agency responsible delayed the release of the information.
Tuesday, 6 August 2013
Renault has backed the Government’s plans to provide additional funding for electric charge points. The Government recently announced it will provide £37m of funding to local authorities, NHS trusts and train operators to implement facilities for electric cars to repower.
As part of the plan the government will provide 75 per cent of the funding for new charge points, increasing the availability of electric power for new cars. Electric cars have grown in popularity in recent years, with average costs falling for new vehicles as manufacturers reap the benefits from economies of scale in production.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 4 | Next 5 entries
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice
- A guide to second hand used car parts
- Save money with a salvage car
- A guide to buying a salvage car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads
- Vehicle Tax: Your Complete Guide
- Top Ten European Driving Tips
- 10 top tips to keep the pounds in your pocket at the steering wheel