Category filter applied
New questions have been raised over the links between the police and companies offering speed awareness courses, with motorists potentially risking major problems if they fail to tell insurers about courses.
Insurers have admitted that they currently treat speed awareness courses the same as penalty points, and it’s feared that failing to declare taking part in a course could invalidate an insurance policy.
According to the latest figures, car insurance costs may halve by as early as 2020 due to the increase in the number of driverless vehicles on British roads.
It’s estimated that annual premiums could be cut by up to £265 on average within the next five years, with the influx of driverless vehicles expected to ‘eliminate’ bad driving: still considered to be responsible for 90 per cent of road accidents.
A recent report by AA Insurance has found that one-in-four (26 per cent) of British drivers are unaware their car insurance premiums will be affected by the new gender ruling passed by the EU.
From December 21st the new EU guidelines will make it illegal for car insurance providers to take a driver’s gender into account when calculating their insurance premium.
UK comprehensive car insurance premiums have increased by as much as 12.3 per cent in the space of 12 months, according to new research.
Average comprehensive premiums are now £92 more expensive, taking the typical premium up to £843 per person.
- Winter Tyres – everything you need to know
- Major manufacturers announce autonomous car targets
- How to clean your car, part two
- New car sales edge upwards
- Cleaning Your Car – the complete guide to getting a sparkling clean vehicle, part one
- Research shows fleet reluctance to adopt alternative-powered vehicles
- The pitfalls of buying used cars – ASM’s new infographic
- MOT: the complete guide
- Motorists call for tougher phone driver penalties
- Confidential driver data was accessed by accident management firms
- Car makers seek to cut structural weight
- Registrations open for first driverless vehicle trials
- Parking permits increase to force diesel cars off the road
- Should cars have an expiry date?
- Government denies ‘anti-diesel’ agenda