Category filter applied
Monday, 30 November 2015
New questions have been raised over the links between the police and companies offering speed awareness courses, with motorists potentially risking major problems if they fail to tell insurers about courses.
Insurers have admitted that they currently treat speed awareness courses the same as penalty points, and it’s feared that failing to declare taking part in a course could invalidate an insurance policy.
Monday, 15 June 2015
According to the latest figures, car insurance costs may halve by as early as 2020 due to the increase in the number of driverless vehicles on British roads.
It’s estimated that annual premiums could be cut by up to £265 on average within the next five years, with the influx of driverless vehicles expected to ‘eliminate’ bad driving: still considered to be responsible for 90 per cent of road accidents.
Friday, 23 November 2012
A recent report by AA Insurance has found that one-in-four (26 per cent) of British drivers are unaware their car insurance premiums will be affected by the new gender ruling passed by the EU.
From December 21st the new EU guidelines will make it illegal for car insurance providers to take a driver’s gender into account when calculating their insurance premium.
Friday, 23 December 2011
UK comprehensive car insurance premiums have increased by as much as 12.3 per cent in the space of 12 months, according to new research.
Average comprehensive premiums are now £92 more expensive, taking the typical premium up to £843 per person.
- Typical tyre problems that can hinder the performance of your car
- The complete guide to scrapping your car
- The 9 most common car engine problems revealed
- A guide to accident damage repairable cars
- ABI updates vehicle salvage Code of Practice
- A guide to second hand used car parts
- Save money with a salvage car
- A guide to buying a salvage car
- ASM Auto Recycling sponsors long-serving staff member for touring car exploits
- Dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car
- What to look for when buying replacement car door parts
- Buying a replacement car engine – what do you need to know?
- Buying replacement car parts – everything you need to know
- What to look for when buying wheel rims
- What to look for when buying brake pads